Dr. Meaghan Bowling
About Dr. Meaghan Bowling
Meaghan Bowling, MD, FACOG, joined Carolina Conceptions in 2017. A native of Jacksonville, Florida, Dr. Bowling pursued undergraduate study at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, where she graduated with highest distinction with a Bachelor of Science in biology. She attended medical school at the University of Florida College of Medicine in Gainesville, Florida, and completed her residency in Obstetrics and Gynecology as well as her fellowship in Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility at the University of Alabama at Birmingham.
Dr. Bowling is board-certified in both Obstetrics and Gynecology and Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility. Upon completion of her fellowship, she joined the faculty of Emory University as an assistant professor and served as the In Vitro Fertilization (IVF) Director of Emory Reproductive Center. Dr. Bowling has published articles in both basic science and clinical medicine peer reviewed journals, including Obstetrics and Gynecology. She has presented her research on estrogen receptors at national meetings including the American Society for Reproductive Medicine and the Society for Gynecologic Investigation.
Dr. Bowling has appeared on CNN to discuss issues related to reproductive technology, and has been interviewed on various topics of infertility by local news media including ABC 11 and WRAL. She was named a “Mom-Approved Doc” in Atlanta Parent magazine. She has also received multiple awards for research and excellence in teaching medical students and residents, as well as the Society for Laparoscopic Surgeons Achievement Award. Dr. Bowling is a Fellow of the American Congress of Obstetricians and Gynecologists, as well as a member of the American Society of Reproductive Medicine, the Society of Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility, and the Society of Gynecologic Investigation. She was nominated by her peers as a Top Doc in North Carolina for 2020.
Dr. Bowling finds nothing more rewarding than the chance to help patients who are affected by infertility. She understands the emotional stress involved and is dedicated to supporting patients through their journey to conception. She is committed to individualizing care, and working together as a team to help each patient build their family. Her clinical interests include in vitro fertilization (IVF), preimplantation genetic screening (PGS), oocyte cryopreservation, male infertility, polycystic ovarian syndrome, ovulation induction, intrauterine insemination (IUI), and minimally invasive surgery.
DID YOU KNOW?
Dr. Bowling has appeared on CNN to discuss issues related to reproductive technology. She was named a “Mom-Approved Doc” in Atlanta Parent magazine.
Dr. Bowling’s specialties & more
Dr. Bowling’s special interests & clinical expertise
- Preimplantation genetic testing (PGT).
- Egg freezing.
- Male infertility.
- Polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS).
- Ovulation induction
- Intrauterine insemination (IUI)
- Minimally invasive surgery.
Dr. Bowling’s education & career
- University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
- University of Florida College of Medicine
- University of Alabama at Birmingham
- Faculty of Emory University as an assistant professor and served as the In Vitro Fertilization (IVF) Director of Emory Reproductive Center.
- Has appeared on CNN to discuss issues related to reproductive technology.
- Named a “Mom-Approved Doc” in Atlanta Parent magazine.
- Society for Laparoscopic Surgeons Achievement Award recipient.
- Fellow of the American Congress of Obstetricians and Gynecologists.
- Member of the American Society of Reproductive Medicine.
- Member of the Society of Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility.
- Member of the Society of Gynecologic Investigation.
- Nominated by her peers as a Top Doc in North Carolina for 2020.
Dr. Bowling and the staff at Carolina Conceptions made our family possible. As a same sex couple we knew it’d be a challenge to start a family but we couldn’t have asked for a more knowledgeable and qualified staff. We’ll be forever grateful for everyone at Carolina Conceptions for making our son a reality.
– K&C, Wilmington, NC
More fertility tips
In This Section
- Dr. Bill Meyer
- Dr. John Park
- Dr. Meaghan Bowling
- Dr. Lauren Johnson
- Alexandra Dieffenderfer, PA-C
- Billy (Taeshin) Kim, Ph.D., TS, HCLD – IVF Lab Director
- Karen Onori, FNP-BC
- Natalie Brantley, MSN, WHNP-BC
- Sarah Yon, MSN, FNP-BC
- Meagan Bergeron, MS, TS – Embryologist
- Callie Barnwell Gibson, Ph.D., TS (ABB) – Embyrologist
- Retired Founder Dr. Grace Couchman
Sign up for our email newsletter