Karen Onori, MSN, FNP-BC
About Karen Onori, NP
United States Navy veteran Karen Onori, MSN, FNP-BC, earned her first Bachelor of Science in public health sciences from East Carolina University. It was during this time she found her passion for women’s health. Her externship with the North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services fueled her passion for women’s health. In this role she worked closely with the underserved women and children of Wake County and aided in the development of programs that are currently in use. Karen later earned a second B.S. degree in nursing from Barton College.
She received her Master of Science in nursing from Walsh University during the early part of the COVID-19 pandemic. She participated in the validity testing of the rapid COVID-19 test while completing her final clinical hours at a local practice in Franklin County.
Karen worked full-time as a labor and delivery nurse at Duke Regional Hospital, while completing her master’s. As a labor and delivery nurse she precepted (taught) multiple pre-licensure nursing students from various local universities and colleges.
Karen Onori is a family nurse practitioner, board certified (FNP-BC).
DID YOU KNOW?
Karen worked closely with the underserved women and children of Wake County and advanced the development of programs that are currently enacted at the North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services.
Karen Onori, NP – specialties & more
In her personal life
Karen and her husband of 20 years recently sent their daughter to college in Florida to study forensic medicine. The two are now empty nesters with their miniature labradoodle, Khloe.
Karen enjoys cooking, baking, home improvements, gardening and traveling. Those who know her best say “she NEVER meets a stranger.”
Karen Onori’s education & career
- East Carolina University.
- Barton College.
- Walsh University.
- United States Navy, Desert Storm veteran.
- ANCC board-certified Family Nurse Practitioner (FNP-BC).
- Member of American Nurses Association.
- Member of American Society for Reproductive Medicine.
- Member of Association of Women’s Health, Obstetric and Neonatal Nurses.
More fertility tips
In This Section
- Dr. Bill Meyer
- Dr. John Park
- Dr. Meaghan Bowling
- Dr. Lauren Johnson
- Alexandra Dieffenderfer, PA-C
- Billy (Taeshin) Kim, Ph.D., TS, HCLD – IVF Lab Director
- Karen Onori, FNP-BC
- Natalie Brantley, MSN, WHNP-BC
- Sarah Yon, MSN, FNP-BC
- Meagan Bergeron, MS, TS – Embryologist
- Callie Barnwell Gibson, Ph.D., TS (ABB) – Embyrologist
- Retired Founder Dr. Grace Couchman
Sign up for our email newsletter