Dr. Bill Meyer
About Dr. Bill Meyer
Dr. Meyer attended Washington and Lee University (enjoyed varsity swimming and water polo), and received his M.D from the University of Virginia. He has been a board examiner for those sitting for their OB/GYN certification. He served for several years on the credentialing committee of the Society of Assisted Reproductive Technologies (SART)-the only national standard database for reproductive medicine practitioners and is fluent in both English and Spanish.
Before co-founding Carolina Conceptions in 2006, he served as clinical director of the University of North Carolina’s (UNC) IVF Program. He was on the faculty at UNC for 13 years. He founded and headed the UNC Assisted Reproductive Technologies Ethics Committee.
He is a past President of the North Carolina Obstetrical and Gynecological Society (2011-2012). In July 2017, he was appointed with a three-year faculty position as a Professor in the Department of Ob/GYN at Campbell University’s Jerry Wallace School of Osteopathic Medicine.
DID YOU KNOW?
Dr. Meyer has been voted, by his peers, as one of the “Best Doctors in America” every year since 2003. He was on the Top Doctor list for North Carolina in 2020.
Dr. Meyer’s specialties & more
Dr. Meyer’s special interests & clinical expertise
- In vitro fertilization (IVF).
- Egg freezing.
- Ovulation induction.
- Uterine fibroids.
In his personal life
He volunteers at the Chapel Hill Pregnancy Support Services, and from 2011-2014, was coach of the Orange County Special Olympics Basketball Team.
Dr. Meyer volunteers as a mentor/teacher for the Blue Ribbon Program for an academically challenged middle school student. He has done medical/surgical mission trips to Honduras since 2011, plays tennis, and is in Masters Swimming.
Dr. Meyer has three sons: one at UNC for graduate work, the others in San Francisco and Chicago.
Dr. Meyer’s education & career
- Washington University
- Lee University
- University of Virginia (MD)
- Board examiner for those sitting for their OB/GYN certification.
- Received “Best Doctors in America” every year since 2003.
- 2020 Top Doctor in North Carolina.
- Served on the credentialing committee of the Society of Assisted Reproductive Technologies (SART).
- Founded and headed the UNC Assisted Reproductive Technologies Ethics Committee.
- Former president of the North Carolina Obstetrical and Gynecological Society (2011-2012).
- Professor in the Department of Ob/GYN at Campbell University’s Jerry Wallace School of Osteopathic Medicine.
- Volunteer at Chapel Hill Pregnancy Support Services.
- Coach of the Orange County Special Olympics Basketball Team (2011-2014).
One World Surgery
Dr. Bill Meyer and his wife, Maria, a pediatric oncology nurse at UNC, have traveling to Honduras for over a dozen years now. For the last seven visits, Dr. Meyer and one of his residency colleagues provided gynecologic surgery to impoverished women of Tegucigalpa, along with partaking in various activities on the orphanage ranch of Nuestros Pequenos Hermanos.
The Meyers feel blessed not only to serve the less fortunate, but also to meet so many dedicated doctors and nurses each trip. They’ve formed lasting friendships with friends from Atlanta, Phoenix and Chicago. Please consider donating to One World Surgery.
Dr. Meyer in Honduras