Dr. Monica Schointuch
About Dr. Monica Schointuch
Her award-winning research with a focus on meiosis, aneuploidy and infertility has been presented at national conferences and published in several peer-reviewed research manuscripts. She took part in the first ovarian tissue transplant at UPMC and presented Grand Rounds on oncofertility. Dedicated to quality improvement in healthcare, she served as resident chair of the OB/GYN Department Quality Committee during her time at UAB.
Dr. Schointuch is board certified in OB/GYN and board eligible in Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility. She is an active member of the American Society for Reproductive Medicine (ASRM) and a fellow of the American College of Obstetrics and Gynecology (ACOG). Dr. Schointuch specializes in recurrent pregnancy loss, oncofertility and advanced hysteroscopy. Her clinical interests include secondary infertility, ovulation induction, intrauterine insemination (IUI), in vitro fertilization (IVF) and fertility preservation.
The newest physician at Carolina Conceptions, Dr. Schointuch is committed to helping her patients fulfill their reproductive goals through individualized care. Understanding that every patient is unique, she strives to establish a trusting relationship with her patients and encourages open communication. Her goal as a provider is to support her patients through their infertility journey and advocate for quality care for every individual she treats.
DID YOU KNOW?
Dr. Schointuch took part in the first ovarian tissue transplant at University of Pittsburgh Medical Center.
Dr. Schointuch’s specialties & more
Dr. Schointuch’s special interests & clinical expertise
- Recurrent pregnancy loss.
- Advanced hysteroscopy.
- Secondary infertility.
- Ovulation induction.
- Fertility preservation.
Dr. Schointuch’s education & career
- Bachelor of Science, Elon University.
- Medial Doctor (M.D.) University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill.
- OB/GYN residency University of Alabama at Birmingham.
- Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility fellowship, University of Pittsburgh Medical Center.
- Member of the American College of Obstetrics and Gynecology (ACOG).
- Member of the American Society for Colposcopy and Cervical Pathology.
- Fellow of ACOG.
- Member of the Fertility Preservation Committee, REI Department Quality Committee and REI Ethics Committee at UPMC.
- OB/GYN Fund for Excellence in Education Award recipient.
- Best Poster Award recipient, Society of Gynecology Oncology.
- Best Medical Student Oral Presentation Award recipient, Mid-Atlantic Gynecologic Oncology Society.
Everyone from the nurses, doctors, lab staff, and office personnel treated me with such dignity and kindness, took the time the explain everything to me, calmed my fears, and were honest with me. I can not say enough good things about the family at CC.
– N.S., Wilson, NC